Thursday, August 14, 2008

"A Whole New Trail" Western Wildlands CLs












Those of you who were lucky enough to attend the crew leader talent show at tech training will remember the fantastic vocal stylings of Western Wildland leaders Jonny Morgan, Adrienne Priess and Abby Sweet.

The trio rewrote the lyrics to Alladdin's "A Whole New World"...the result? "A Whole New Trail", the stuff of MCC legacy.

"A Whole New Trail"


I can show you the trail
Winding, climbing and rugged.
Wild forests untrammeled on this magic hiking tour.
A whole new trail
(don't you dare cut my switchback)
lopping branches in the way.
Making waterbars and chopping logs.
Now I've made a whole new trail for you
(Now I'm making a new drainage)

Unbelievable tree!
Take the chainsaw and fell it.
Tell me hiker can you find where I just made that cut?

A burly trail!
(Don't you dare braid my trail)
We put a switchback in for you.
You want a turnpike? We'll do it right
to prevent erosion.

General tread is 2 feet
Take your mattock and hinge it
Make sure that your backslope meets the angle of repose.

A perfect trail!
(Don't you dare take those horns!)
make sure you follow LNT.
You best be 100 ft, before you pee
And don't poo in the water.

The Bestest Trail!
(Don't you dare doubt our skills!)
We get real ripped when we do work
You can get a tan and look real bad.
Damn we are so sexy.

This whole new trail....

I'm cold and wet
I stink real bad
I smell of sweat
My feet hurt bad

But we work so hard.... for you and for meeeeeeeee.

(interpretive dance at will.)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Take nothing for granted. Not one blessed, cool mountain day or one hellish, desert day or one sweaty, stinky, hiking companion. It is all a gift.
—CINDY ROSS, Journey on the Crest, 1987