Wednesday, June 16, 2010

introductions


Nine days, eighty one hours, four soggy socks later, and I want to be back in the woods already. the bumbling mess big society is makes helps me appreciate how my crew members interact. not only do we help each other get through potentially rough projects but the atmosphere we create, provides for a great work environment. we each have many things to learn from one another and 6 months doesn't even seem like enough time for it all. The framework that the MCC provides is teaching me in ways i've always needed to improve. This hitch overall was an interesting introduction to the area we'll be working and living in. I'm glad we got to meet the forest, park, firefighting and volunteer service people, I look forward to getting to know them and what their jobs entail. A firefighter named Alec, gave me a pretty good idea of what a lifestyle of forest work looked like. Each day I see a new aspect of how things work, and it helps me help others help me, if you know what I mean. Five days off almost seems like too much.
-Ryan Gage, CD CM

No comments:

Post a Comment


Take nothing for granted. Not one blessed, cool mountain day or one hellish, desert day or one sweaty, stinky, hiking companion. It is all a gift.
—CINDY ROSS, Journey on the Crest, 1987